Health Savings Account (HSA)
An unexpected medical issue can wipe out your savings in one fell swoop — savings you’ve worked hard to accumulate. Keep your savings healthy by opening an HSA specifically for medical-related expenses.
You’ll have immediate access to your funds via checks, debit card, and online bill pay. Plus, your unused contributions will rollover each year — earning competitive interest the entire time.
- Greater personal control over healthcare management and expenses
- Earn interest above standard savings on entire balance
- Funds deposited directly from payroll
- Pay for medical expenses via check, debit card, or online bill pay
- An HSA provides triple tax savings:
- Tax deductions when you contribute to your account*
- Tax-free earnings through investment*
- Tax-free withdrawals for qualified medical, dental, vision expenses, and more*
- Contributions are tax-free* and can be made by you, your employer, or a third party
- Funds can be withdrawn at any time**
- No monthly service fee
- No minimum balance requirements
- Unused funds remain in account year after year; no "use it or lose it" policy
- No minimum deposit to open
Most adults under 65 who are not enrolled in Medicare and are covered under a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) can qualify for an HSA, but it is up to the account holders to determine their own eligibility. Please contact your tax advisor for further eligibility requirements.
*Consult a tax advisor.
**You can withdraw funds at any time for any purpose. However, if funds are withdrawn for reasons other than qualified medical expenses, the amount withdrawn will be included as taxable income, and is subject to a 10% penalty.